Iskatewizaagegan #39 Independent First Nation is seeking a highly motivated dynamic individual to fulfill the responsibility of a Cultural Coordinator for the Family Advocate Program.
Iskatewizaagegan No. 39 Independent First Nation Cultural Coordinator will be hired for a term contract position with possibility to extend employment beyond March 2021. The Cultural Coordinator will be governed and will adhere to the community policies.
The Position of Cultural Coordinator will work in a team environment with the Family Advocate Program Model and ensure that that all services provided to our children and youth are culturally-appropriate and nurture their Anishinaabe identity and belonging. The Cultural Coordinator will provide assistance to Program staff and the children and families we serve.
The Cultural Coordinator will:
- Nurture the Anishinaabe spirit in our children
- Increase culturally-appropriate service delivery in the areas of family transition and children-in-care supports
- Connect children-in-care with their traditions, ceremonies, kin-networks, and land through land-based teachings and gatherings that are inter-generational
- Instill a sense of belonging in our children-in-care to strengthen their resiliency for the future
- Help bring our traditions to life in the everyday work of the Program
- Coordinate cultural and ceremonial activities for children, families, community, and staff
Education and Experience
- Highly trustworthy and knowledgeable in the delivery of the programs and services on the values and spiritual teachings of Iskatewizaagegan No.39 Independent First Nation
- Unique ability to inspire others to adopt those values and practices within their families within the community
- Successful individual will possess team building and communication skills
- Collaboration and contributing to professional working environment
- Good computer skills are required
- Experience in leading cultural teachings
- Certification, Diploma, Experience and/or in Native Child and Family Studies or equivalent
→ Valid Ontario Driver’s License and Insurable.
→ CPIC upon request
Depending on experience
Applications must include
- Cover letter
- Current resume
- Two (2) written letters of reference
- Must provide copies of driver’s license and educational diplomas and certificates
Closing Date: July 13, 2020 12.:00 noon
Interview Date: July 16, 2020
Start Date: Negotiable
Please submit to the attention of:
Shona Wapioke – Human Resources Manager
Iskatewizaagegan No. 39 Independent First Nation
Kejick Post Office, Box 1
Kejick, Ontario P0X 1E0
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: (807) 733-3106
Miigwetch to all who apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.